[zentyal-announce] New Zentyal 2.2-1 installer available!

José Antonio Calvo jacalvo at zentyal.com
Mon Oct 3 10:49:40 CEST 2011

Hi Zentyal users,

The Zentyal Development Team has published a new compilation of packages
including all the bugfixes and system updates from Ubuntu since the
release of the first 2.2 installer.

There are also two changes in this new installer:

- The 64bit version now uses the server kernel by default instead of the
generic one.
- Adds the new secondary packages repository, allowing us to release
important bugfixes without waiting until launchpad builds and publishes

You can get the ISOs as usual from http://www.zentyal.org/downloads

Note that if you already have Zentyal 2.2 installed, you can apply these
changes without need to download this new version.

You can install the server kernel just with the following command:

sudo apt-get install linux-server linux-image-server

To add the new repository and import the key, just execute:

sudo -s
echo "deb http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal 2.2 main" >>
wget -O - http://keys.zentyal.org/zentyal-2.2-archive.asc | apt-key add -

We are still going to use our launchpad PPA as the main repository, but
sometimes launchpad is loaded with a lot of jobs and takes several hours
or even days to build the packages. In these cases, with this new
repository, you'll be able to get your packages on time :)

Best regards,

José Antonio Calvo - Product Manager
jacalvo at zentyal.com

The Linux small business server